Saddle Mountain Sunrise 2_20_10

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
mayhem

Saddle Mountain Sunrise 2_20_10

Post by mayhem » February 20th, 2010, 3:08 pm

The weather report looked good (cold but sunny), so, I decided to try and make it up Saddle Mnt for a good sunrise. The Trail was cold, windy and a lot of debris to navigate over, around & under. I got to the Trail head at 6:00am.. I needed to move fast to get to the top before 7:00am. Here are the results my friends :) Hood, Rainer, Adams, Helens & Jefferson...& Nahalem Bay. Bammm!! Great day to be on the Trails.

Shoe Shine Boy Has Left The Building!

BaileyBoy

Re: Saddle Mountain Sunrise 2_20_10

Post by BaileyBoy » February 20th, 2010, 4:48 pm

Great shots but, man, to the top in an hour????? It's clear all the Kings and Elk Mtn stuff you have been doing is allowing you to run up mountains, not walk. And then to go and do Kings after Saddle Mtn, you have not only speed but endurance or .......

Skip

anna in boots

Post by anna in boots » February 20th, 2010, 5:01 pm

BaileyBoy wrote:Great shots but, man, to the top in an hour????? It's clear all the Kings and Elk Mtn stuff you have been doing is allowing you to run up mountains, not walk. And then to go and do Kings after Saddle Mtn, you have not only speed but endurance or .......

Skip
He's obviously an adroid, Skip, some sort of Hiking Terminator. There's no other explanation.

Terminator has good taste in sunrises, though.

anna in boots
Current trip reports at All Thoughts Work™ Outdoors
http://allthoughtsworkoutdoors.wordpress.com/

markesc

Post by markesc » February 20th, 2010, 5:19 pm

Pretty darn good for an hour!!

Roy

Post by Roy » February 20th, 2010, 5:32 pm

I see you then went to Kings Mt to. Your addicted I think it is great.

Just curios if you have ever tried St Helens, South and Middle sisters or Adams?

Before all the red tape on St Helens I went all the time. My best time was just under two hours up the Monitor ridge route.
You are defiantly very fit.
I thought I was the only manic that kept going to same hill.

Time has moved on for me but I do enjoy you posts.

You sure had better weather than I did up at Saddle last Sunday.

Good for you enjoy :D
The downhill of the mind is harder than the uphill of the body. - Yuichiro Miura

mayhem

Post by mayhem » February 20th, 2010, 6:07 pm

Now I'm going to Bragg... :) I think it was actually 45 minutes. Hey I watched a guy 51 years old do it in 38 minutes up 13 minutes down. That has set me straight ever since.

mayhem

Post by mayhem » February 20th, 2010, 6:11 pm

BaileyBoy wrote:Great shots but, man, to the top in an hour????? It's clear all the Kings and Elk Mtn stuff you have been doing is allowing you to run up mountains, not walk. And then to go and do Kings after Saddle Mtn, you have not only speed but endurance or .......

Skip
Balcor Designer Steroids :) Hey.. I also try to Walk or Ride my bike every day to work 6.5 miles 1 way.

Roy

Post by Roy » February 20th, 2010, 6:15 pm

mayhem wrote:Now I'm going to Bragg... :) I think it was actually 45 minutes. Hey I watched a guy 51 years old do it in 38 minutes up 13 minutes down. That has set me straight ever since.
I am 51 but four knee operations has set my pace ,my cardio is still good.

I love it!
The downhill of the mind is harder than the uphill of the body. - Yuichiro Miura

mayhem

Post by mayhem » February 20th, 2010, 6:46 pm

Roy wrote:
mayhem wrote:Now I'm going to Bragg... :) I think it was actually 45 minutes. Hey I watched a guy 51 years old do it in 38 minutes up 13 minutes down. That has set me straight ever since.

I love it!
Hello,

I'm Lucky no surgery needed yet...well kind of. No ACL right Leg torn ACL left leg, Torn Meniscus both legs Torn MCL right leg, Herniated disk , torn Achilles.... It has not slowed me down, as in I usually do not have pain, only noise :) There are other things too, but now I'm whinning. It is amazing what a car can do when it hits a human twice in 2 years. I am limited to walking, Hiking & Biking. No more Hockey, Soccer, Football or Ultimate. I miss Hockey the most!

Roy

Post by Roy » February 20th, 2010, 7:43 pm

mayhem wrote:
Roy wrote:

I love it!
Hello,

I'm Lucky no surgery needed yet...well kind of. No ACL right Leg torn ACL left leg, Torn Meniscus both legs Torn MCL right leg, Herniated disk , torn Achilles.... It has not slowed me down, as in I usually do not have pain, only noise :) There are other things too, but now I'm whinning. It is amazing what a car can do when it hits a human twice in 2 years. I am limited to walking, Hiking & Biking. No more Hockey, Soccer, Football or Ultimate. I miss Hockey the most!

It might sound strange but I miss running the most. I have no cartridge in my right knee and lot of stainless art work.
This was not from running or hiking but a motorcycle crash, long story .
The funny thing is after so long your good knee goes bad to, it is a double whammy.

First time around they had no arthroscopes what the heck I am still out there.

Stay away from those cars take care, I like your energy. :D