First Tunnel Falls Hike

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
Fishinandgold

First Tunnel Falls Hike

Post by Fishinandgold » April 6th, 2015, 11:41 am

Buddy and I decided to hike to the second falls past Tunnel Falls in preparation for our upcoming 4 day trip on the North Fork John Day trail in ten days. Ended up going 15.2 miles for the day. We really want to document our trip in great detail so I figured I should learn how to shoot and edit video. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing before hand but I learned a lot and feel my next video will be a dramatic step up! Still not bad for a first timer. Now about the trail. What a cool trail! We got there a little before 9 and there was probably 15 cars in the area. The few people there we quickly blew past on the trail. Once we got ahead of the pack there was only one set of fresh prints. Got to Tunnel Falls at about 11:00 and kept walking going. The trail was clear but a bit slick in spots. What an amazing area. I'm looking forward to going back this fall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZLVyNJLHkk

Koda

Re: First Tunnel Falls Hike

Post by Koda » April 6th, 2015, 2:27 pm

It certainly is a beautiful hike there, good job on the video. Mind if I ask who is the soundtrack?
lightweight, cheap, strong... pick 2

Fishinandgold

Post by Fishinandgold » April 6th, 2015, 7:10 pm

Ya it's unbelievably beautiful! Thanks, the soundtrack is actually just a few of the open source music youtube has available in their editor. I just went to the folk section.

woodswalker

Post by woodswalker » April 8th, 2015, 6:43 am

What a fun place to shoot your first hike video!
Woodswalker

Fishinandgold

Post by Fishinandgold » April 8th, 2015, 8:25 am

Fun but challenging! The sharp slippery rocks and the cliffs make it tough to multitask!