Current Conditions at Ramona Falls

Trip recommendations, current conditions, and other trail related Q&A
Etexan

Current Conditions at Ramona Falls

Post by Etexan » May 1st, 2014, 10:14 am

I'll be in the gorge next week and am planning to hike to Ramona Falls.
Has anyone been there recently? Would I expect to encounter snow in that area next week? Thanks.

rcPDX

Re: Current Conditions at Ramona Falls

Post by rcPDX » May 1st, 2014, 7:55 pm

I'm just home from a Mt Hood Chapter PCTA work party there today. No Snow, and now, no logs across the trail. We cleared 9 logs, some of them on the 600 trail heading towards Yocum Ridge. The seasonal bridge is not yet installed.

Roberta

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » May 1st, 2014, 8:30 pm

No seasonal bridge - about 2 miles from trailhead the trail crosses Sandy. If you go upstream from the crossing a little, there are some pretty easy logs to cross on. Somewhat difficult compared to regular trail though.

Alpenglow

Post by Alpenglow » May 4th, 2014, 1:07 pm

I heard last year that the seasonal bridge got washed away.
Has anyone heard if they are planning on putting a seasonal bridge in this year?
Dream as if you'll live forever...Live as if today's your last

UTurn

Post by UTurn » May 11th, 2014, 5:10 pm

Alpenglow wrote:I heard last year that the seasonal bridge got washed away.
Has anyone heard if they are planning on putting a seasonal bridge in this year?
We saw the seasonal bridge off to the side of the trail. It didn't appear "washed away" but rather disassembled for the winter. Does anyone know when it is generally accessible? I want to take my elderly parents to Ramona Falls in June but a log crossing is not an option.

sgyoung

Post by sgyoung » May 11th, 2014, 9:38 pm

UTurn wrote:
Alpenglow wrote:I heard last year that the seasonal bridge got washed away.
We saw the seasonal bridge off to the side of the trail. It didn't appear "washed away" but rather disassembled for the winter. Does anyone know when it is generally accessible? I want to take my elderly parents to Ramona Falls in June but a log crossing is not an option.
My wife and I checked out Ramona last year in early June and the bridge was installed by then. Hopefully that same is true this year.

chucktate

Post by chucktate » May 14th, 2014, 4:46 am

I called the the zig zag ranger station a couple weeks ago and they saidthe bridge might be up in mid May. Well, its mid may. You should call the ranger station and ask for the latest status.