Lamberson Spur Trail #644

Trip recommendations, current conditions, and other trail related Q&A
Rustygoat

Lamberson Spur Trail #644

Post by Rustygoat » July 31st, 2014, 1:13 pm

I am curious if anyone has taken this trail to it's end...before the fire. I hiked up this trail last weekend and was hoping to follow it to it's end but I lost the trail in a clearing where there was a nice view. The trail was lacking maintenance near the end and there were a lot of trees down over the trail. The clearing we made it to was about a mile shy of what my topo map says it should be. The end marked on the map would have put it further up the mountain somewhere in the burn. Hiking through the burn it seemed like we would run across a tread here and there but it was faint. This trail is on Mt. Hood above Tamanawas Falls to the west, thanks.
Tim

Chasing waterfalls can be addictive.
NW Off-trail Waterfalls -Facebook Group

acorn woodpecker

Re: Lamberson Spur Trail #644

Post by acorn woodpecker » July 31st, 2014, 10:27 pm

There is an entry in the PH field guide (thank you, bobcat) that details the cross country extension past the end of Lamberson Spur, onto Timberline Trail, onto Gnarl Ridge, and finally to Elk Meadows to intersect Lamberson Spur to complete the loop. Apparently, the fire damaged the upper portions of this already obscure trail, which the maps have yet to update. I hope to do a variant of this loop soon. Hope this helps.

http://www.portlandhikersfieldguide.org ... _Loop_Hike

Rustygoat

Re: Lamberson Spur Trail #644

Post by Rustygoat » August 1st, 2014, 1:55 am

Thanks acorn woodpecker! Why didn't I think of that ? :lol: I was on the right path then...just not much of a path though. I wasn't trying to do that loop but that does sound interesting. I ended up looping down the south fork of the Polallie and made my way up to Polallie Ridge. I wouldn't recommend that loop unless you are chasing waterfalls. ;)
Tim

Chasing waterfalls can be addictive.
NW Off-trail Waterfalls -Facebook Group