Stagman Ridge 09-04-2011

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
bunbunaz

Stagman Ridge 09-04-2011

Post by bunbunaz » September 4th, 2011, 7:53 pm

Finally made a trip to Mt. Adams. This hike is not too far north of Trout Lake. A few cars in the lot we got there and one family camping. With the recent nice weather this hike was dusty -- so much so that I at times I thought I was back in Arizona! About 3.2 miles in there is a huge meadow with a great view of Mt. Adams. Would have been perfect had it not been for the mosquitoes. Would have liked to linger there longer but deet onyl works so well. So we snapped some pictures and continued on. We headed on toward Looking Glass Lake but stopped just short of the lake at one the several creek crossings. With the creek full of runoff and a view of Mt. Adams in the background, it made for an ideal lunch and nap spot before heading back down. All in all a good hike and we'll be back again with more energy to complete the full loop.
Attachments
IMG_1136.JPG
IMG_1110.JPG
IMG_1102.JPG
Lunch spot, just shy of Lookingglass Lake
IMG_1101.JPG
Ice-cold runoff
IMG_1090.JPG
Meadow and Mt. Adams
IMG_1089.JPG
Large meadow with great view of Mt. Adams
IMG_1086.JPG
Nice, new-looking trailhead sign
IMG_1140.JPG
Mt. Adams

bobcat

Re: Stagman Ridge 09-04-2011

Post by bobcat » September 5th, 2011, 10:51 am

Glad you made the hike.

One thing I learned in the Everglades (which I didn't apply in that meadow when I was there on Friday) is keep off the vegetation when there are mosquitoes about. I must have stirred up about 100 times more than if I had just stuck to the trail and not wandered around taking pictures.

John

Thum

Re: Stagman Ridge 09-04-2011

Post by Thum » September 5th, 2011, 10:12 pm

wow,your pics sure make it look inviting. ive always wondered about stagman ridge but the few reports from there this year have upped the interest. thanks for posting:)