10 Mile Barlow Butte Loop (02/06/11)

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
jloomis

10 Mile Barlow Butte Loop (02/06/11)

Post by jloomis » February 7th, 2011, 9:37 am

My wife and I decided to go on a long hike instead of watch the Super Bowl. We started at Barlow SnoPark, headed up to Barlow Butte, continued along Barlow Ridge, came down to the Barlow Road at Klingers Camp, and took Barlow Road back to the SnoPark. The weather was pretty wet and we couldn't see anything from the butte or ridge. I posted the full report and pictures on my blog here.

The trail was basically not existent, so a GPS and compass are a must. It took us almost 8 hours to complete the hike. I wouldn't attempt unless your are in good shape and well prepared. I would love to go back when the weather is sunny after a big snow storm, but my wife has vowed never to go again. She was such a trooper, but it was too much for her. Maybe I'll have to hook up with someone on the forum.
When not working I'm playing! Browse my adventures.

weathercrazy

Re: 10 Mile Barlow Butte Loop (02/06/11)

Post by weathercrazy » February 7th, 2011, 12:28 pm

Great trip...you can tell by the pic that the wife wasn't too thrilled :)

jloomis

Re: 10 Mile Barlow Butte Loop (02/06/11)

Post by jloomis » February 7th, 2011, 12:34 pm

weathercrazy wrote:Great trip...you can tell by the pic that the wife wasn't too thrilled :)
And that was a good picture :)!
I didn't capture how she really felt most of the trip. She was however much happier when we hit the road. Personally, I had a great time.
When not working I'm playing! Browse my adventures.