Crown-Zellerbach Trail

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
Easyrider

Re: Crown-Zellerbach Trail

Post by Easyrider » January 11th, 2011, 5:59 pm

Most of the stuff people send me is in GPX format so I get it :)

There are several (free) conversion utilities out there. GPSbabel seems to be the richest in terms of file formats and is the one I use. However, the only format it DOESN'T seem to accept is tpx :(

If you know of a better (richer) converter I'll make a GPX file and attach it to this thread.
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from surviving bad judgment. ~Rita Mae Brown

Guy

Post by Guy » January 11th, 2011, 8:21 pm

No if GPSBabel doesn't do it then I don't think any other site will!!

However I'm thinking that if you open your tpx file in your Delorme software then do a "Save as" you may have a .gpx file type option.
hiking log & photos.
Ad monte summa aut mors

Easyrider

Post by Easyrider » January 11th, 2011, 8:29 pm

Nope. Unless there's a feature I don't know about, topo only saves non-print files in tpx format.
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from surviving bad judgment. ~Rita Mae Brown

Guy

Post by Guy » January 11th, 2011, 10:20 pm

Oh well,

Thanks for trying!
hiking log & photos.
Ad monte summa aut mors

bernardi24

Post by bernardi24 » July 27th, 2011, 9:56 am

Thanks for the great write up..I grew up in chapman and rode that logging rode from chapman to scappose my whole childhood as well as riding my motorcycle from my house all the way to Vernonia..My parents own the property between chapman grange and Chapman road..I have not been down the loggin road as we called it as kids for 15 years or so,I am amazed how different it looks..I remember going into the tunnel as a kid,you couldnt go all the way through do to the other end being closed off..

There is a lot of kewl history in that area,I plan to Mt Bike from Scappoose to Vernonia on the trail.

Thank you