Falls Creek Falls

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
drm

Falls Creek Falls

Post by drm » March 6th, 2010, 7:17 pm

This long-time favorite was a great hike today. The road is gated so it's an extra two miles each way, but that still makes for an 8-mil RT, not too much.

After a nice night out, I first did a quick hike part way up Dry Creek, near Trapper Creek.
100_0227sm.JPG
100_0228sm.JPG
I drove the few miles over to the gated road, and headed off. Not too many photos here since we've reported on it before. Here is the earlier falls along the trail and the second bridge.
100_0229sm.JPG
And some pint-sized wildlife that was enjoying the sun probably even more than me.
100_0231sm.JPG
And of course the main falls, at least the lower two tiers.
100_0235sm.JPG
I considered heading up to the top of the falls on the other trail, but decided to save it for another time.

markesc

Re: Falls Creek Falls

Post by markesc » March 7th, 2010, 12:44 am

Nice snake pic!

Yeah pics of the waterfall just never do it any justice.... it's just spectacularly powerful and one of those that just has to be enjoyed in person! Nice report! Forgot about gates.... I'm looking forward to going there again this year!

BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards » March 7th, 2010, 1:19 am

I agree that photos don't do this falls any justice. Nice shot of it by the way. I too have not been to the upper tier.

BaileyBoy

Post by BaileyBoy » March 7th, 2010, 10:41 am

Nice shots, Dean, I did Dry Creek yesterday and it was beautiful.
Were there lots of trees down on the road into the trail and was there much down across the trail to the falls?
I was going in to do a trail report but if it isn't too bad I'll choose another place.

Skip

drm

Post by drm » March 7th, 2010, 2:28 pm

There is absolutely nothing down on the road or the trail to the Falls. The major improvements they made last year at the washouts are all still fine.