Bennett Pass - 1/24/2015

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
JustinPoe

Bennett Pass - 1/24/2015

Post by JustinPoe » January 27th, 2015, 10:17 am

I did some scouting with some friends out at Bennett Pass over the weekend (Saturday) to see what kind of hike it was up to the main viewpoint. It's an area that I want to shoot after a fresh snow. Our first attempt was at 5am, but the cloud cover was way too thick to give us any view of the mountain. We later returned that afternoon to shoot the sunset.

Right now, the trail is hard snow back with bits of the road showing through in a few areas. As of this past weekend, you'd be able to get to the top without any sort of special equipment besides a good pair of winter hiking boots. We used our snowshoes because we had them, but I didn't feel they were completely necessary.

I got a decent shot of the late afternoon light at 4:40pm right before sunset and then another shot of the resort and mountain from the parking lot under the stars.

We need snow! Hoping to be able to get back up there and shoot it under more wintry conditions.

Thanks to Tom Kloster for giving me some info on the hike beforehand.
Attachments
MHM.jpg
BPH2.jpg
Last edited by JustinPoe on January 27th, 2015, 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miah66

Re: Bennett Pass - 1/24/2015

Post by miah66 » January 27th, 2015, 12:39 pm

Those are a couple of gorgeous photos. Cool vantage point.
"The top...is not the top" - Mile...Mile & a Half

Instagram @pdxstrider