Quick trip to the Tanner Waterfalls

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
woodswalker

Quick trip to the Tanner Waterfalls

Post by woodswalker » November 26th, 2014, 3:58 pm

I had a lot to do today so I wanted to do a short not very steep trip. I decided to go up and see how the waterfalls at the jct of rd 777 and Tannner Butte trail were doing. I parked at Wahclella and headed up the 400 trail.

Everyone had their winter mossy fashion on. I particularly liked this hat style!

There were some great occasional views. I liked this one of Table Mountain from rd 777. It looked like you could see Greenleaf falls going strong?

I made it up to the junction with the Tanner Butte trail and the various waterfalls were looking good, not frozen, but with plenty of water.

I went a little ways up the Tanner Butte trail and stopped for lunch by this waterfall.

I debated heading further up, but I wanted to get home early. So I headed back down the trail. This fascinating old metal structure just below where the 400 meets rd 777, lured me over to take about a million pictures.
I wonder what it is?

Fun tiny mushrooms! Each about the size of my thumbnail.

Finally, just before I made it back to the trailhead, this little guy zipped across my path. He obligingly stopped once he got to the side of the trail so I could get a non blurry picture of him. He might have been the fasted one I've ever seen!

Great no rain day!
Woodswalker

kepPNW

Re: Quick trip to the Tanner Waterfalls

Post by kepPNW » November 27th, 2014, 8:27 am

HA! Love those moss hats, too. Great getaway! :)
Karl
Back on the trail, again...

woodswalker

Post by woodswalker » November 27th, 2014, 8:34 am

Thanks Karl! I really like that area when I'm looking for a long quiet gradual slope and not many people. I rarely see anyone up there. I'm looking forward to being able to hike to the end of Tanner Creek trail once my back is completely better. I'm getting close. Woodswalker

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » November 27th, 2014, 8:47 am

That's so good to hear! I have an entirely new sympathy for back pain, now. (I sorta growled at the PT yesterday, when she suggested I was "lucky" to have gotten "this old" before it hit. Heh...)
Karl
Back on the trail, again...