Table Mountain - Aug 3rd 2014

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
hiker4fun

Re: Table Mountain - Aug 3rd 2014

Post by hiker4fun » August 17th, 2014, 10:16 pm

kepPNW wrote: Up Table in a snowstorm :?, off the back side :!:, down Cedar Mtn :twisted:, all before the Meet&Deet... :lol:

My first (intentional) loony hike with other PHers. :D
Wow, I can't even imagine myself, doing that in that kind of weather like what you did. Great job.
Eric Peterson wrote:Wow Karl, that link brought back a memory or two! :)

Fun area Hiker4Fun, and yeah, there's more than meets the eyes around there thanks to DN! :)

Speaking of which, wth is Don of late?
Looks like you had more fun in that trail than us. :)

Don Nelsen

Post by Don Nelsen » August 18th, 2014, 7:01 am

Eric Peterson wrote:
.....Speaking of which, wth is Don of late?
Don decided to pull the plug on that pesky job thing and is out hiking every day the weather is even halfway decent - which is to say most days! Life is good!

dn
"Everything works in the planning stage" - Kelly

"If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do" - Warren Miller

Warren

Post by Warren » August 18th, 2014, 9:02 am

Glad you enjoyed the Table Mtn hike. It's a sporting one, isn't it.
That area needs a few more signs. There are at least 2 confusing junctions. You chose right at both of them.
Good job!

hiker4fun

Post by hiker4fun » August 19th, 2014, 12:36 pm

Warren wrote:Glad you enjoyed the Table Mtn hike. It's a sporting one, isn't it.
That area needs a few more signs. There are at least 2 confusing junctions. You chose right at both of them.
Good job!
Yes, I had my share of joy and thrill out of this hike for sure. Of course, after seeing Karl's TR, mine seems like a walk in the park compared to his. :)

On the 1st junction, we followed the marker as suggested in the Oregon exploration video. On the 2nd one, only my friend noticed the other route, I didn't. We thought to give this one a try and fortunately it was the correct one and we got the board which is 0.28 mi from the summit.

If I go to Table mountain again, I might choose to do HBR on both directions.