Lily Basin Trail to Heart Lake - Goat Rocks Wilderness

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
texasbb

Re: Lily Basin Trail to Heart Lake - Goat Rocks Wilderness

Post by texasbb » July 31st, 2014, 6:21 am

Amazing trip, beautiful pictures, excellent report. Guess I've got to go back to the GRs now. :)

miah66

Post by miah66 » July 31st, 2014, 7:14 am

Bosterson wrote:Cool, guys. I was at Heart Lake in 2009 - we stayed two nights. Where did you camp, down by the lake? There's a really stellar campsite on a tree-d bluff to the left of the trail just after you cross the inlet creek (if you're coming from the Lily Basin side).
We camped at the established site near the tiny snowpatch by the water in this photo.

I read your recommendation about the camp in a previous post but for the life of me couldn't remember if you were talking about the bluff beside the lake (1 sloped forested camp) or another spot on the far side. Far side was too wet and marshy to reach. I see now you were probably talking about a spot near the trees in the left of my photo.
"The top...is not the top" - Mile...Mile & a Half

Instagram @pdxstrider

Bosterson

Post by Bosterson » July 31st, 2014, 10:35 am

miah66 wrote:I read your recommendation about the camp in a previous post but for the life of me couldn't remember if you were talking about the bluff beside the lake (1 sloped forested camp) or another spot on the far side. Far side was too wet and marshy to reach. I see now you were probably talking about a spot near the trees in the left of my photo.
Yep, that looks right.
#pnw #bestlife #bitingflies #favoriteyellowcap #neverdispleased