Umbrella falls out and back

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
kepPNW

Re: Umbrella falls out and back

Post by kepPNW » July 21st, 2014, 1:39 pm

aircooled wrote:Hah! To deal with my big toe joint issues I've tested hiking (and backpacking) in rocker sole shoes from The Walking Company. Try crossing logs or rock hopping in these! Don't know what I'd do without poles.
Oh boy, yeah, they don't look to have a lot of traction! I think I have 4 or 6 pairs of shoes/boots in the back of my jeep, and often don't decide until the trailhead which to put on any given day.
Karl
Back on the trail, again...

aircooled

Post by aircooled » July 21st, 2014, 1:48 pm

kepPNW wrote: I think I have 4 or 6 pairs of shoes/boots in the back of my jeep, and often don't decide until the trailhead which to put on any given day.
Me too! My trunk looks like a gear locker. On Paradise, I wore my Keen Targhees and carried the rocker sole shoes. On a backpack I carried a pair of Vasques 21 miles on a backpack and wore the rocker soles. I also bring extra shells and decide which one to bring at the TH.

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » July 21st, 2014, 1:57 pm

aircooled wrote:
kepPNW wrote: I think I have 4 or 6 pairs of shoes/boots in the back of my jeep, and often don't decide until the trailhead which to put on any given day.
Me too! My trunk looks like a gear locker.
A trunk would be really nice in the jeep! It was "just a bit" ripe in there yesterday! :lol:
Karl
Back on the trail, again...