Niagara Falls - Cape Kiwanda 4/20

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
Sean Thomas

Re: Niagara Falls - Cape Kiwanda 4/20

Post by Sean Thomas » April 23rd, 2014, 12:06 pm

Nice TR, Brian. Cape Kiwanda has to be one of the coolest spots on the coast. A few friends and I camped at Elk Bend on the Nestucca about 5 years ago, it was an interesting trip :D

BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards » April 23rd, 2014, 1:00 pm

I'll take your word for it, Sean :mrgreen:
Clackamas River Waterfall Project - 95 Documented, 18 to go.

Badknee

Post by Badknee » April 23rd, 2014, 2:07 pm

I was at both of these spots the previous weekend. I had never been to Niagra/Pheasant Creek Falls. Great trail and the FS roads were in good shape even for a Toyota Prius. I think Mom and Dad were surprised it was out there and they enjoyed the hike.
I've been to Cape Kiwanda many times but I always find new things to take pictures of each visit. I walked up the dune this last time and walked over the top and down into the cauldron at the bottom. Wouldn't suggest it to everyone but it gives you a completely different feel than most coastal spots. Gave me a "The Sand People are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers." kinda feeling.
On a side note: There's a house above the entrance to the Nestucca River right on the cliff. Great views of the seals that fish and beach themselves at the river entrance as well as Bald Eagles.Zillow had it listed for $8 million.
Go! Just Go right now! Go!

selanac

Post by selanac » August 1st, 2015, 5:33 am

Beautiful pictures. New to Oregon, hiked Cape Kiwanda last weekend, fascinating to see the Dory fleet in action.