Bridal Veil Falls - 4/20/14

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
kmcdade

Bridal Veil Falls - 4/20/14

Post by kmcdade » April 20th, 2014, 5:53 pm

Yes, this is the short, 2/3 mile round-trip from the parking lot to the falls. Don't knock it 'til you try it. If you have kids and/or a partner who don't really want to hike much, this is an easy one with great views. And there's a bathroom with flush toilets, running water, soap, and blow dryers. I KNOW.

The falls are down below the old highway. You have probably driven right over them, but you can't see them from the road unless you get out and stop, maybe (not recommended). The trail goes down from the bathroom building to the bottom of the falls. The first part is paved, then there is an unpaved section which is also a runoff creek from somewhere (don't worry; it's not a problem), and then a set of cement stairs and a wooden bridge and a little more unpaved trail to get to the viewpoint at the base of the falls.

As mentioned, there were not so many people there, either. I stopped and took pictures a lot.

Leaves of three?

Our friend the slug.

Flowers will probably be even better by next weekend.

My hiking partners.
Image Image

Going back up is a little steep, but not difficult, and there are benches provided for those who need to rest.

If you haven't done this, stop sometime and check it off your list. :)

More pics on Flickr if you're interested: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kathleenm ... 140005831/
Last edited by kmcdade on July 29th, 2014, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--Kathleen. Or K-Mac. As in KMC, because that's what people have taken to calling me here. :-)

Rustygoat

Re: Bridal Veil Falls - 4/20/14

Post by Rustygoat » April 22nd, 2014, 9:01 pm

Ahhh....leaves of three! :x I love the waterfall, hate the poison oak. Thank you for sharing :)
Tim

Chasing waterfalls can be addictive.
NW Off-trail Waterfalls -Facebook Group

miah66

Post by miah66 » April 23rd, 2014, 10:07 am

I lived here for years and had never done it either until just a few weeks ago. I naively just drove by it on the way to other points further East. The viewpoints overlooking the Columbia from the overlook trail are really worthwhile as well, particularly near sunset. I was able to hit the waterfall, the viewpoints, Sheppards Dell falls, and the Crown Point lookout all during about 45 minutes around sunset one evening after a hike to Angel's Rest.
"The top...is not the top" - Mile...Mile & a Half

Instagram @pdxstrider

Sean Thomas

Post by Sean Thomas » April 23rd, 2014, 10:50 am

Great Tr with the crew! That was always one of my dads favorites. Thanks for posting :)