A climb up Mt. St. Helens - 2014/04/13

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
Don Nelsen

Re: A climb up Mt. St. Helens - 2014/04/13

Post by Don Nelsen » April 15th, 2014, 11:44 am

Guy, nice job and congrats to you and your crew! Must be interesting to glissade in shorts - Yikes!

dn
"Everything works in the planning stage" - Kelly

"If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do" - Warren Miller

Guy

Post by Guy » April 15th, 2014, 5:46 pm

Thanks everyone! Yeah it was a great day!

Re the Glissade, I did put some cheapo rain pants on for the Glissade, not quite brave enough to glissade in shorts :) ..

Thanks for the tips Roy, I'll try that out next time.

Re the micro spikes, can't believe I waited so many years to buy these, I've used them so many times this past winter. Perfect provided all the traction we needed on this climb with only a fraction of the wait & trouble of crampons.

The crowds didn't bother me at all! There are not many great weather weekend days a year on Mt. St. Helens when the permits are not limited & have to be booked in advance. If you choose to climb on one of these days then you have to expect lots of other people will want to do the same thing too!
hiking log & photos.
Ad monte summa aut mors

Roy

Post by Roy » April 15th, 2014, 6:17 pm

Guy wrote:Thanks everyone! Yeah it was a great day!

Re the Glissade, I did put some cheapo rain pants on for the Glissade, not quite brave enough to glissade in shorts :) ..

Thanks for the tips Roy, I'll try that out next time.

Re the micro spikes, can't believe I waited so many years to buy these, I've used them so many times this past winter. Perfect provided all the traction we needed on this climb with only a fraction of the wait & trouble of crampons.

The crowds didn't bother me at all! There are not many great weather weekend days a year on Mt. St. Helens when the permits are not limited & have to be booked in advance. If you choose to climb on one of these days then you have to expect lots of other people will want to do the same thing too!
I want to see you glissade in your Kilt the full Monty way, your a Scotsman ea :lol:

Id drag my sorry bones up there to see that Hell Id rent a helicopter. Id even give you a ride down after your skin issues :lol:

you had a great day for sure that pano from the top is a nice photo
The downhill of the mind is harder than the uphill of the body. - Yuichiro Miura

aircooled

Post by aircooled » April 16th, 2014, 9:56 am

What a beautiful view, Guy! (I'm referring to the mountain, not your legs.) :roll:

DefianceOrBust

Post by DefianceOrBust » April 16th, 2014, 10:11 am

awesome Guy, loved the video.