A park exploring kinda day

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
Lekilei253

A park exploring kinda day

Post by Lekilei253 » April 11th, 2014, 9:28 pm

Today I ended up in Beaverton visiting a friend. We water to go on a naturey walk that was stroller friendly for her lil one.

We headed to Tualatin Hills Nature Park, it's a great park with tons of trails. Some of them are paved and the unpaved ones are fairly decent with only a few muddy spots. We saw tons of lil wildlife...squirrels, chipmunks, blue jays, and a couple of snakes.

After lunch I still had some energy and was loving the sunshine :D, so decided to check out a few more parks on this side of town. I headed to Commonwealth Lake park. This is a cute little park with a great paved trail that loops around the lake. There were tons of people out enjoying the day too.
Caught these two enjoying a nap in the sun
Even found a waterfall!!

I then headed to the Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge. I used to live down the road from this place, but never stopped in. This place is beautiful and well maintained. I saw lots more birds...ducks, geese, and even a bald eagle. The eagle was too far away for pics, but I got a good look at it using my binoculars.
Ants!! :o

After soaking up the sun I decided to explore a couple more stroller friendly parks for future outings.

I ended up at Summerlake park, another beautiful park with a small to offer! Summerlake Park has three foot-bridges, tennis courts, basketball court, two playground areas, several picnic tables and the Sorg Rhododendron Garden. I did a nice little figure 8 loops through the park, just under a mile. Then wandered through the Rhododendron Garden.

Overall a great day and plenty of stoller friendly ideas for future outings with my friend and her lil one.

Roy

Re: A park exploring kinda day

Post by Roy » April 12th, 2014, 3:19 pm

I am not familiar with that part of town living in north Vancouver but it looks likes some great places to visit. And nothing is better than theses first real spring days after the usual March Monson.
The downhill of the mind is harder than the uphill of the body. - Yuichiro Miura

bobcat

Re: A park exploring kinda day

Post by bobcat » April 13th, 2014, 5:15 pm

Great exploration of some of the parks in the SW urban area. I like Commonwealth Park because, for such a small place, it attracts large flocks of waterfowl in the winter.

In my opinion, there are three suburban districts that really have a wealth of natural pockets to explore: Tualatin Hills (Beaverton, etc.), West Linn, and across the river, Vancouver/Clark County.