Wildwood Thruhike

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
Peder

Re: Wildwood Thruhike

Post by Peder » May 6th, 2013, 1:29 pm

Look, I'm tall like E.P.
6' 6" 3/4? :shock:
Some people are really fit at eighty; thankfully I still have many years to get into shape…

Bozo Texino

Post by Bozo Texino » May 7th, 2013, 11:17 am

Right on! Such a good hike to have right here in our city... How'd your feet fare?
"Careful, man, there's a beverage here!" --Jeffrey The Dude Lebowski

Chase

Post by Chase » May 7th, 2013, 11:48 am

Had to stop a few times to apply liberal amounts of moleskin, duct tape, and medical tape to my feet. Glad I did, since now I have no blisters. As for the chafing in bathing suit areas, that didn't go so well...

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » May 7th, 2013, 2:07 pm

Chase wrote:As for the chafing in bathing suit areas, that didn't go so well...
Been there. Gonna "go all mayhem" on ya... This stuff works.
Karl
Back on the trail, again...

mayhem

Post by mayhem » May 7th, 2013, 2:37 pm

kepPNW wrote:
Chase wrote:As for the chafing in bathing suit areas, that didn't go so well...
Been there. Gonna "go all mayhem" on ya... This stuff works.
Yes it does, if you apply it, & often if needed! Sometimes the Hard way is the best way to learn :)
http://www.meetup.com/NW-Wilderness/pho ... #165729802
Shoe Shine Boy Has Left The Building!

Bozo Texino

Post by Bozo Texino » January 25th, 2015, 11:06 am

Hey all!

Sorry for the hiatus--been rock climbing hard and frequently over the last year, though I've done Defiance, Adams, and a host of lesser rambles, including my near-daily Mt. Tabor foray. When you live two minutes from a trailhead--even one as urban at Tabor--there's just no resisting the urge to get into the trees and take in the view.

Anyway, after the blistering I recieved in The Wildwood, I bit the bullet and tried some Darn Tough socks on the Defiance hike... Not a blister to be found, and not a single boot-related malady resulted! Sorry Thorlo, it's not me, it's you...

I have since purged all other brands of socks from my wardrobe and now live in a world free of hamburgered feet. Well, at least while hiking... My climbing shoes are a different story.

Anyway, heading out to Kings Mountain next week, and I'm pretty excited since I haven't done that one in about a decade!
"Careful, man, there's a beverage here!" --Jeffrey The Dude Lebowski

Peder

Post by Peder » January 25th, 2015, 9:55 pm

Good you got back - I just noticed your tag line: "Careful, man, there's a beverage here!" --Jeffrey The Dude Lebowski and got a big kick out of it! Thank you. Enjoy whatever you do!
Some people are really fit at eighty; thankfully I still have many years to get into shape…

-Q-

Post by -Q- » January 26th, 2015, 6:55 pm

Bozo Texino wrote:Hey all!

Sorry for the hiatus--been rock climbing hard and frequently over the last year, though I've done Defiance, Adams, and a host of lesser rambles, including my near-daily Mt. Tabor foray. When you live two minutes from a trailhead--even one as urban at Tabor--there's just no resisting the urge to get into the trees and take in the view.

Anyway, after the blistering I recieved in The Wildwood, I bit the bullet and tried some Darn Tough socks on the Defiance hike... Not a blister to be found, and not a single boot-related malady resulted! Sorry Thorlo, it's not me, it's you...

I have since purged all other brands of socks from my wardrobe and now live in a world free of hamburgered feet. Well, at least while hiking... My climbing shoes are a different story.

Anyway, heading out to Kings Mountain next week, and I'm pretty excited since I haven't done that one in about a decade!
I also wear Darn Tough Vermont socks exclusively.
I stopped wearing Smartwool about a year ago.
Stopped Thorlo about 15 years ago.
Never got into Wigwam.
Darn Tough are the best