Labyrinth

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
drm

Labyrinth

Post by drm » February 1st, 2013, 3:08 pm

My zip guage thermometer read 50s in the shade, 60s in the sun today, in the sunny Labyrinth. I'm sure we will have to endure some more winter, but it is a nice reminder that spring is coming.

The waterfall on the old highway

the waterfall part way up the trail

I assume that it is called the labyrinth because the trails weave between these buttes

walking the plank

velociraptor?

in the distance

When I got back at about 1:30, there were 6 cars at the trailhead. That's more than I've ever seen there. Courtney Road had dozens. The area is getting more discovered.

romann

Re: Labyrinth

Post by romann » February 1st, 2013, 11:08 pm

Nice pictures - almost feels like spring. It's also time for the first wildflowers on that trail. Will definitely be some grass widows in a week if this weather holds.

I like that trail but don't go there often anymore; my dog picks up ticks no matter November of April. I rarely, if ever, picked any up there.

Peder

Post by Peder » February 3rd, 2013, 4:10 pm

Great pictures Dean! That is most definitely a velociraptor!
Some people are really fit at eighty; thankfully I still have many years to get into shape…

BigBear

Post by BigBear » February 5th, 2013, 3:38 pm

A short distance to the east from where you "walked the plank" there was a patch of salt-and-pepper lomations in bloom. Not a particularly colorful display, but it was my first sighting of a spring wildflower for 2013. That was two weekends ago, so I suspect there are a few more of the plants in bloom now.

No sign of grass widow (and I was looking).