Dog - Augspurger Loop 1-19-13 *Flower Update*

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
Peder

Re: Dog - Augspurger Loop 1-19-13 *Flower Update*

Post by Peder » January 20th, 2013, 9:19 pm

ebishop wrote:Bos graciously agreed to bring and carry the better beer in the picture. ;)
Bos is probably still embarrassed about skipping the Friday night Gangnam Style dance lesson that I had arranged for him! He showed up but his nerves failed at the gate. He claims the gate was "locked" but that was not the case... :shock: For his redemption he carries beer...
Some people are really fit at eighty; thankfully I still have many years to get into shape…

Jack

Post by Jack » January 20th, 2013, 9:39 pm

Wow! Southern exposure sure seems to be agreeing with the inversion. Directly across the river had little snow melt at all, Sunday. Interesting shortcut up to the ridge. Sure beats traversing. Glad you all got up there to scout it out. Gotta get up there, soon. Thanks for the report.

Bosterson

Post by Bosterson » January 20th, 2013, 11:12 pm

Eric Peterson wrote:Somehow I started to doubt the rumor Dog Mt. was known for its flower shows.

But we trudged on anyway.
Ever the trooper!

My pics for this trip are in a separate TR covering the two trips Elisabeth and I did this weekend.

I'm glad you made it out there, EP! I'm psyched to have introduced some other people to Augspurger, which I think is a pretty excellent and underrated hike in the Gorge. Glad you guys enjoyed it!
Peder wrote: Bos is probably still embarrassed about skipping the Friday night Gangnam Style dance lesson that I had arranged for him!
Tut tut. Next time I will skip trying to borrow your GPS and just bring EP! :D
#pnw #bestlife #bitingflies #favoriteyellowcap #neverdispleased

Eric Peterson

Post by Eric Peterson » January 20th, 2013, 11:13 pm

Kam, were you over in the Silver Star area? Nice shot :)

Karl, I saw 2 flowers.

Guy, we were 'bursting' with smiles ourselves 8-)

Peder, Bos did mention the 'locked' gate and said something about not wanting to
climb over gang style.

Also, I think Shop could probably carry a half rack of beer and still kick all our buts in the process :D

Jack, I told Bos I thought for sure you and the crew would be doing a Dog/Aug/Dog today.
That short cut up the ridge just about did me in, something about snow shoeing, a
30 pound + pack and steep hills, hee hee. Also, we were thinking about you guys and
hoping to get a hike in with you guys soon as well :)

Peder

Post by Peder » January 21st, 2013, 10:10 am

Bosterson wrote:Tut tut. Next time I will skip trying to borrow your GPS and just bring EP! :D
Yes, bring EP with his GPS and Flower Identification Guide, that solves all problems! Should that ever fail, then drink ebishop's beer and commiserate with each other!
Some people are really fit at eighty; thankfully I still have many years to get into shape…

Eric Peterson

Post by Eric Peterson » January 21st, 2013, 7:07 pm

ebishop wrote:What an awesome day! Thanks for the TR and a fun, fun day.
Was a great outing and wonderful challenge for me to keep up with you and Bos!