Double Wildwood Trail Hike-n-Run: Aug-14th-2012

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
cascadehiker

Re: Double Wildwood Trail Hike-n-Run: Aug-14th-2012

Post by cascadehiker » August 15th, 2012, 5:23 pm

Mad respect Sean. Mega loony.
"Man who catch fly with chopstick accomplish anything" - Mr Miyagi

hike4fun

Post by hike4fun » August 15th, 2012, 6:44 pm

That is freaking amazing! I have watched you loonys and you're insane TR's...this one proves you need to get another hobby! :)

I am so glad I didn't TR my measly 12-miler! LOL

Nice job Sean!

Rachelle
Rachelle

"What's with all these drinkers with hiking problems?"

cascadehiker

Post by cascadehiker » August 15th, 2012, 8:27 pm

hike4fun wrote:That is freaking amazing! I have watched you loonys and you're insane TR's...this one proves you need to get another hobby! :)

I am so glad I didn't TR my measly 12-miler! LOL

Nice job Sean!

Rachelle
You need to TR your 12 miler. Let's see it! ;)
"Man who catch fly with chopstick accomplish anything" - Mr Miyagi

Eric Peterson

Post by Eric Peterson » August 15th, 2012, 8:39 pm

Yikes :shock:

Very nice man!

:mrgreen:

This loony thing has gone off the charts!!

Where does it end? :D 100 miles in a day? :)

mayhem

Post by mayhem » August 15th, 2012, 8:58 pm

Eric Peterson wrote:Yikes :shock:

Very nice man!

:mrgreen:

This loony thing has gone off the charts!!

Where does it end? :D 100 miles in a day? :)
Dude think back to last year! Joerunner already done!
Shoe Shine Boy Has Left The Building!

Sean Thomas

Post by Sean Thomas » August 15th, 2012, 9:00 pm

Thanks everybody :) It was a spectacular day to be outside and also served as a measuring stick for my current abilities. As of now, the Hatfield will probably be a two day hike for me at best. The elevation gain might be too much for me at this point.

RJ - I found that strange too. I had to work hard to keep myself from poking the "you are here" spot on the maps to keep them from fading like the old ones :D

Jojo - Yes! the heat would have melted me into a puddle of ooze. Glad your friends think im crazy, its probably better that way haha ;)

Crus - LOL no no on the superman tat. Dont I look dumb enough? :lol: You should definitely give it a shot tho, Crus.

Mayhem - I bet someone else might have done it before, and im sure much faster! Not sure how you did the Wilson River back and forth plus Idiot Creek with all that added EG, thats crazy. The cement was my best friend when I got back last night, softest cement ive ever felt haha.

Bos - Im hoping to give it a shot this summer but after yesterday was thinking it might have to wait until next year. then a beastly runner txted me and said he is very interested. so you never know :)

Chase - lol thats what I was thinking too :lol:

Vibram - Thanks for the compliment :) Doing the one way is definitely a serious affair.

Rad Joe - I felt pretty good until the end when I started to get a little dehydrated. I did score these nasty blisters right in the middle of the balls of my feet tho :D Never had them there before.

Guy - Thanks :) The off trail stuff you, DN, Peder and Eric etc do on a regular basis really wipes me out more than the distance sometimes, and definitely sets the bar high.

CH - Thanks man :)

Rachelle - Thank you for your kind comliment :) I hope I didnt impede your interest in writing up a trip report. The physical distance is only one small part of the game, its just something ive strived for since meeting some of the great hikers from this website. Before I found Portland Hikers I would have never even dreamed of doing something like this. The intrepid people ive been fortunate to meet here have driven to me to do things I didnt imagine possible. So I guess whether it is the things I see/feel, how much I learn or how far/high I go, it is the feeling of passion and satisfaction that I feed off the most. But I hate to think im stopping someone else from posting a report on their adventure because they think the distance was inadequate. No one should ever feel that way, you may have learned more in those 12 miles than I did in 120.

Sean Thomas

Post by Sean Thomas » August 15th, 2012, 9:04 pm

Thanks EP. Mayhem is right, Joerunner is of a rare breed.

hike4fun

Post by hike4fun » August 16th, 2012, 7:40 am

Rachelle - Thank you for your kind comliment :) I hope I didnt impede your interest in writing up a trip report. The physical distance is only one small part of the game, its just something ive strived for since meeting some of the great hikers from this website. Before I found Portland Hikers I would have never even dreamed of doing something like this. The intrepid people ive been fortunate to meet here have driven to me to do things I didnt imagine possible. So I guess whether it is the things I see/feel, how much I learn or how far/high I go, it is the feeling of passion and satisfaction that I feed off the most. But I hate to think im stopping someone else from posting a report on their adventure because they think the distance was inadequate. No one should ever feel that way, you may have learned more in those 12 miles than I did in 120.

Sean - Did that 60 miles make you all sappy? :) You have some very nice things to say about the peeps you have met on PH. That's awesome! I just recently joined and this has been a great resource for making my 'list' of hikes. And I've thoroughly enjoyed watching you and all the loons do some crazy $%!#! During our hike on Tuesday, I was telling my friend about the insane hikes you guys have done. She agrees that we'll leave the craziness to you guys! But we had a blast! I'll consider writing up a TR. I don't have the best pics to share. But it was fun to get away on the trail for a few hours. Keep up the craziness so us 'fun' hikers can live vicariously through you (without the pain). LOL!

Rachelle
Rachelle

"What's with all these drinkers with hiking problems?"

Sean Thomas

Post by Sean Thomas » August 16th, 2012, 8:21 am

hahaha im all sappy all the time. But theres no better way to explain it. My life has completely changed trying to keep up with those crazies :)

and EP, thinking it through, it is all your fault(and mayhem) :lol:

mayhem

Post by mayhem » August 16th, 2012, 8:32 am

Sean Thomas wrote:hahaha im all sappy all the time. But theres no better way to explain it. My life has completely changed trying to keep up with those crazies :)

and EP, thinking it through, it is all your fault(and mayhem) :lol:
Well at least EP got blamed first! I also think Tom/Roy had something to do with it also. After all we were hiking in respect for our favorite miracle man when we met by accident in the pitch black forest :) and did a little flat Tom/Roy loop de loop :). Bammmm!
Shoe Shine Boy Has Left The Building!