Dry Creek and Sister Rocks Recliner: July 6th, 2012

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
Sean Thomas

Dry Creek and Sister Rocks Recliner: July 6th, 2012

Post by Sean Thomas » July 6th, 2012, 9:52 pm

Ive been overload-flooding the tr's lately so I will keep it short. Went back to my "roots" on Sister Rocks and Dry Creek today :) Hiked about 3.5 miles in 12 hrs haha, it was awesome. :)

Im on the summit of Sis Rocks with Jojo in the red circle heading to our lunchspot:

Hit the top around 11:30 and left a bit after 3:00, slugged back to the car by about 3:45 pm. The views were amazing:

Me heading up and down:

This was not my idea:

This was :)

We stopped over at Dry Creek for a few hours to cool off:

airoff

Re: Dry Creek and Sister Rocks Recliner: July 6th, 2012

Post by airoff » July 6th, 2012, 10:02 pm

No snow??

That's one of my favorite destinations! Are the road and trail snow free? I'd love to do a Sister/Obervation hike this weekend.

Nice TR- thanks! And please know they are appreciated, so keep them coming! Even if they make most of the rest of us feel inadequate. :D

Sean Thomas

Post by Sean Thomas » July 6th, 2012, 10:26 pm

hahaha thanks airoff but my tr's are nothing special. I have enjoyed reading your elevator shaft thread tho, never been up there.

Only a few minor patches to speak of, didnt head to observation so not sure what things look like heading that way but im sure you could make it through for an awesome weekend adventure :) The road to the upper TH is entirely snow free and in good shape other then a few potholes.

airoff

Post by airoff » July 6th, 2012, 10:35 pm

Sean Thomas wrote:hahaha thanks airoff but my tr's are nothing special. I have enjoyed reading your elevator shaft thread tho, never been up there.

Oh, but they are! Come on, 40 miles in a day with that sort of elevation gain?! Pure insanity. One might say "loony"! And you clearly use a decent camera to take photos, which are gorgeous.
Sean Thomas wrote:Only a few minor patches to speak of, didnt head to observation so not sure what things look like heading that way but im sure you could make it through for an awesome weekend adventure :) The road to the upper TH is entirely snow free and in good shape other then a few potholes.
That's great to hear- this time last year I couldn't get close to the trailhead. Thanks yet again for the report!

Oh, and yeah you should try Elevator Shaft some day. It's not terribly difficult or anything, but it's fun and it's neat to poke around the area above there. You won't log a lot of miles, but your mind will appreciate it!

Oh, and before I forget, are you saying you wear headphones when you hike?? I'd love to be able to do that but I can't imagine not being able to hear my surroundings. I know I could double the lengths of my hikes if I could integrate music.

I wanted to hear this today up near Mystery Trail...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjqlz22ETnU