The Dogs of Oregon Hikers

General discussions on hiking in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest
greenjello85

Huey the Dog

Post by greenjello85 » September 20th, 2014, 12:17 am

This is my hiking buddy Huey! Don't let his size fool you, he loves everybody and all dogs:)

At Greenpoint

Silver King Mountain

Taking a swim at Monon Lake

At the beach

Waffle Stomper

Re: The Dogs of Portland Hikers

Post by Waffle Stomper » September 20th, 2014, 6:06 am

Hello Huey. I can tell you are just one big lover boy. :)
"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

Ums

Post by Ums » October 25th, 2014, 12:35 am

Here is my 7 month old on some trails.

Mirror lake-

Wahkeena Falls trail

Umbrella falls

And one at the beach.

Waffle Stomper

Post by Waffle Stomper » October 25th, 2014, 1:48 am

What a beautiful dog.
"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

Water

Post by Water » November 14th, 2014, 12:21 pm

OSCAR! This is awildman's doggie as featured in her TRs, but while they're away for a year grannyhiker stepped up to the plate to care for Oscar (our rental company would not allow a temporary allowance for pets..no matter how much I pleaded). So, in lieu of being Oscar's foster parents for a year--we take him out when we can--only twice so far this year but I've only started hiking again this fall due to my foot injury (all well now). Looking forward to getting out with lil' Oscar more this winter and spring! :) I think he's the BEST!

13.0 miles, 750' gained, 1 night(s)

Lil day hike with a dog named Oscar and my lovely better half! :) Camped near the car.

Feel Free to Feel Free

Waffle Stomper

Post by Waffle Stomper » November 14th, 2014, 3:09 pm

I met Oscar once on hike on Salmon Butte. He's an awesome dog. If I recall correctly he was the inspiration for this thread when thought I recognized him as a Portland Hiker dog.

awildman

Post by awildman » November 16th, 2014, 11:32 am

I'll forever be indebted to the kindness of Portland Hikers, Grannyhiker and Water (and Bucket!), for making sure that Oscar stays safe, warm, well cared for, and properly hiked out while we're abroad. You are all the best! What an amazing community!
Rambling on at Allison Outside

Grannyhiker

Post by Grannyhiker » November 16th, 2014, 12:01 pm

And it means I have a dog to love and cherish until the Wildmans come home! For about a year after Hysson passed on, I wasn't too sure I wanted another dog, but Oscar has made up my mind for me. Of course the Wildmans are going to have a thoroughly spoiled dog to return to. Early this morning I woke up with one hand and arm outside the covers, and Oscar was snuggling his head against my hand so I'd pet him--which I did. (For such a small dog, he sure can take up a lot of area on the bed!)

Oscar and I do either local walks or short hikes on weekdays, although the Troutdale ice has kept us indoors the past few days. Unless we're going to be out of town, he hikes with Water and Bucket on weekends. They are out again today, hopefully not getting frostbite! Oscar is wearing his new homemade fleece jacket and has booties to protect his paddy paws.

Waffle Stomper

Post by Waffle Stomper » November 16th, 2014, 1:28 pm

Lucky dog. :)

camel

Post by camel » March 1st, 2015, 10:15 am

This Sophie up in Indian Heaven.
Attachments
image.jpg