Important news at Multnomah Falls.

General discussions on hiking in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest
arundodonax

Important news at Multnomah Falls.

Post by arundodonax » January 21st, 2012, 11:37 pm

It's come to this, folks. First the blowdowns; now this? Fortunately, you can check the status by calling the number below.

From CRGSNA:

Multnomah Falls Elevator to Undergo Repairs
Release Date: Jan 17, 2012
Contact(s): Jen Kevil

Hood River –The Multnomah Falls elevator will be closed for upgrades and repairs starting January 16th. The elevator company contracted to do the work expects the elevator to be fully operational by February 12th. During this construction period, the elevator will be closed. The restaurant will remain open, but access will be limited to the staircase at the front entrance of the building. There will be no wheelchair-accessible access to the second-floor restaurant while the elevator is being renovated.
The elevator was installed in the lodge as part of a larger project to make this site more accessible to all visitors. The funds to make necessary repairs came from the Forest Service and Rick Buck, the permit holder, operating the Multnomah Falls Lodge.
To check trail conditions, the status of the elevator or to make dining reservations at the Multnomah Falls restaurant, please call 503-695-2376. For further information, please visit our website at www.fs.usda.gov/crgnsa.

TJ_T

Re: Important news at Multnomah Falls.

Post by TJ_T » January 22nd, 2012, 12:53 am

arundodonax wrote:It's come to this, folks. First the blowdowns; now this? Fortunately, you can check the status by calling the number below.

From CRGSNA:

Hood River –The Multnomah Falls elevator will be closed for upgrades and repairs starting January 16th. The elevator company contracted to do the work expects the elevator to be fully operational by February 12th. During this construction period, the elevator will be closed. The restaurant will remain open, but access will be limited to the staircase at the front entrance of the building. There will be no wheelchair-accessible access to the second-floor restaurant while the elevator is being renovated.
The elevator was installed in the lodge as part of a larger project to make this site more accessible to all visitors. The funds to make necessary repairs came from the Forest Service and Rick Buck, the permit holder, operating the Multnomah Falls Lodge.
To check trail conditions, the status of the elevator or to make dining reservations at the Multnomah Falls restaurant, please call 503-695-2376. For further information, please visit our website at http://www.fs.usda.gov/crgnsa.

Thanks for the heads up. I called the number. While they declined to carry me up the stairs (even when I told them I would be wearing velour.. which is very soft to the touch), they did offer me a free magnet.

Nice of them.
I take pictures sometimes. And sometimes I post them here:
http://www.tjthornephotography.com
and
http://500px.com/TjThorne
and
https://www.facebook.com/tjthornephotography

Charley

Post by Charley » January 22nd, 2012, 8:38 am

I'm just going to stay home this winter, until they get this fixed.
Believe it or not, I barely ever ride a mountain bike.

Guy

Post by Guy » January 22nd, 2012, 9:11 am

Thanks for the heads up. I called the number. While they declined to carry me up the stairs (even when I told them I would be wearing velour.. which is very soft to the touch), they did offer me a free magnet.
:lol: :lol:
hiking log & photos.
Ad monte summa aut mors

vienturia

Post by vienturia » January 22nd, 2012, 4:44 pm

:D

Awesome.
- Lindsay

geographics

Post by geographics » January 22nd, 2012, 6:00 pm

=
Last edited by geographics on April 6th, 2012, 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roy

Post by Roy » January 23rd, 2012, 9:40 am

geographics wrote:ties with park service funds being spent on snow-chain enforcement road blocks :roll:
nice traffic jams they cause but if they did not make some of those idiots chain up it would be a real mess IMO. i could get any where without chains but somebody always slows down to 1 mph and spins out it is hard to get going again on a slope with a 2 wheel drive with out chains or studs.

sorry off topic
Last edited by Roy on January 23rd, 2012, 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
The downhill of the mind is harder than the uphill of the body. - Yuichiro Miura

Roy

Post by Roy » January 23rd, 2012, 9:50 am

arundodonax wrote:It's come to this, folks. First the blowdowns; now this? Fortunately, you can check the status by calling the number below.

From CRGSNA:

To check trail conditions, the status of the elevator or to make dining reservations at the Multnomah Falls restaurant, please call 503-695-2376. For further information, please visit our website at http://www.fs.usda.gov/crgnsa.
do not know about that elevator but i know an elevator tech he was telling me at the dams the elevators are as old as the dams he cant buy parts to fix them so they just they shut them off.

At least they are up grading this one and it is not cheap.
The downhill of the mind is harder than the uphill of the body. - Yuichiro Miura

arundodonax

Post by arundodonax » January 23rd, 2012, 9:54 am

Roy wrote:
geographics wrote:ties with park service funds being spent on snow-chain enforcement road blocks :roll:
nice traffic jams they cause but if they did not make some of those idiots chain up it would be a real mess IMO. i could get any where without chains but somebody always slows down to 1 mph and spins out it is hard to get going again on a slope with a 2 wheel drive with out chains or studs.

sorry off topic
Not off topic in the least. I just thought this was humorous because crgnsa thought it warranted a press release.

geographics

Post by geographics » January 23rd, 2012, 11:37 pm

=
Last edited by geographics on April 6th, 2012, 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.