Stunning video of Sandy Glacier cave system

General discussions on hiking in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest
rainrunner

Re: Stunning video of Sandy Glacier cave system

Post by rainrunner » November 23rd, 2014, 6:45 am

We leap frogged their film crew last August on our hike to McNeil Point. They had tremendously heavy packs because of the camera equipment. All their productions are amazing.

Their lights are shown down by the caves in this night picture I took that night.
The mountains are calling and I must go.
John Muir

AAdamsPDX

Post by AAdamsPDX » November 29th, 2014, 12:14 pm

rainrunner wrote:We leap frogged their film crew last August on our hike to McNeil Point. They had tremendously heavy packs because of the camera equipment. All their productions are amazing.

Their lights are shown down by the caves in this night picture I took that night.
The video is breathtaking (and I loved the narration!).

Your photo is also beautiful, and I like it even more knowing the story behind the light in the background!
"The world begins where the road ends." ~Eddie Vedder
http://www.hriggsphotography.com/

justpeachy

Post by justpeachy » November 29th, 2014, 2:39 pm

Oh good, I'm not the only one who disliked the narration! (It seemed that all the comments on Vimeo were in praise of it.) The imagery was absolutely fantastic, as it always is with any Uncage the Soul video. They've had pretty awesome soundtracks for some of their past projects, so I was disappointed by the choice to use the narration of a poem as background for this one.