Home  •   Field Guide  •   Forums  •   Unread Posts  •   Maps  •   Find a Hike!  •    Register  •   Search  •  
Jump to:  
Login  | 

Board index » Trail Talk » Travels in Time

Post subject: Re: Mt. St. Helens and Spirit Lake: 1999 and 2011
 Post Posted: May 15th, 2012, 1:58 pm 

Man, I can remember going water skiing on Spirit Lake in my mid teens. The funny thing was that there were numerous places around the lake where there were steady streams of bubbles venting up from the bottom...

ron

Post Posted: May 15th, 2012, 6:48 pm 

`

Last edited by sasquatch22 on July 27th, 2012, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: May 16th, 2012, 11:37 am 

sasquatch22 wrote:
R11 wrote:
Man, I can remember going water skiing on Spirit Lake in my mid teens. The funny thing was that there were numerous places around the lake where there were steady streams of bubbles venting up from the bottom...

Do you recall any specific locations or did the phenomena occur throughout the lake?

Well, it was quite a while ago but as I recall it seemed random and was in various places around the lake. We spent a couple days skiing there and I just remember seeing and talking about the bubble streams coming up around the boat occasionally as we were stopped on the water. It was a pretty busy lake back then. That was probably around seven years before the side of the mountain blew out...

ron

Post subject: Re: `
 Post Posted: July 28th, 2012, 4:57 pm 

Quote:
`

Last edited by sasquatch22 on July 27th, 2012, 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oh, this reminds me I have to go back and remove all of my text from this site in about a week or so.

Post Posted: July 28th, 2012, 5:21 pm 

Yeah, what's going on in this thread anyway??

Post Posted: July 28th, 2012, 6:15 pm 

Why do people delete their posts and subjects and replace them with a "." or a "`"?

I remember boating on Spirit Lake and seeing a huge number of logs on the bottom

Now I know where those logs came from - the previous eruption

Post Posted: July 28th, 2012, 7:15 pm 

I find the updated topic quite appropriate to my reply.

Why is sasquatch22 deleting all his posts and why will IDRatherbehiking be deleting thier musings?

A review of sasquatch22's profile shows many posts have been deleted including their original "welcome" post: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6293&p=39579#p39579

Is PH the new Facebook? Delete your content and bail? That would be sad as both of these posters have made wonderful contributions.

:shock: :|

Post Posted: July 28th, 2012, 8:17 pm 

Hiker Dude- I was being facetious. At this point I'm not going anywhere, this is the best hiking forum for sure.

If I was ever to leave I wouldn't go back and delete my posts. I stand by all of them and I would not spend the time yanking them.

As far as I know, geographics was the first to delete his posts by replacing the text with a single character now there is another user doing the same thing.

In my humble opinion both geographics and sasquatch22 at one point shared a lot of great posts and now have taken the liberty to trash so many great threads leaving users wondering "What is going on with this thread anyway??" The two have also done this to several of the threads that I have started.

Oh well... I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Post Posted: July 29th, 2012, 9:10 am 

I agree that it is a shame and that both had great contributions. I will now roll over and continue my lazy Sunday morning. :)
IDratherbehiking wrote:
Oh well... I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Post Posted: July 29th, 2012, 11:56 am 

Yeah I think it would ruin the forums if everyone did this.

Board index » Trail Talk » Travels in Time