Mazama trail annual maintenance complete

Use this forum to report and discuss trails in need of maintenance. This will help organizations like TKO and agencies like the Forest Service get the most recent on-the-ground trail conditions.
Rick

Mazama trail annual maintenance complete

Post by Rick » August 27th, 2012, 7:41 pm

Just got back from the annual 4 day Mazama work party, our first since the Dollar Lake fire last year. All logs are cleared out (there weren't too many thanks in part to the USFS hazardous tree removal efforts), the gravel bed through the rock slide down low has been replenished, brushing completed, and a number of small tread restoration efforts were done. Note to self: A dust mask might have been useful, gag, hack, cough. Other than coal miners disease, I feel great though.

We logged just under 200 person-hours this year, a vast improvement over last year thanks to better organization and advertising within the Mazamas. Part of that time was spent on the drive out trying to fix 400' of blocked ditch on the 1810 spur road. This is something the USFS should be doing with power equipment but we doubted they'd get to it before the seasonal rains and the cross road bed erosion looked like it could get serious. A few photos included below,

Cheers
Attachments
Mazama trail tread crew.JPG
Linda adding soil.JPG
Dusty trail.JPG

Waffle Stomper

Re: Mazama trail annual maintenance complete

Post by Waffle Stomper » August 27th, 2012, 10:19 pm

Thank you for your hard work.
"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

bobcat

Post by bobcat » August 28th, 2012, 4:51 pm

Thanks, I sawed off a few smaller trees on my way down a week back, but left a couple of the bigger ones for you!

hlee

Post by hlee » August 28th, 2012, 4:53 pm

Thanks for the hard work! My sympathies on the dust and dirt.

Hannah

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.
-- T.S. Eliot

Splintercat

Post by Splintercat » September 12th, 2012, 8:21 pm

Thanks, Rick!

Tom :)