EIGHTH Annual Winter Meet-n-Deet Sat.,Dec. 13, 2014 !

General discussions on hiking in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest
Jane

EIGHTH Annual Winter Meet-n-Deet Sat.,Dec. 13, 2014 !

Post by Jane » November 5th, 2014, 10:38 am

* * EIGHTH (!!!) Annual Winter Meet-n-Deet! * *

(Tom and Cheryl, hope it's okay if I share some of your photos from previous years?!)
MnD 2013 pic 1 by TK.jpg
It's that time of year Portlandhikers and Trailkeepers, to gather 'round with your wonderful fellow outdoor enthusiasts from here!
This is a fun couple of hours to meet the faces behind the reports and photos, and share even more stories, info, laughs and camaraderie!
MnD Winter 2013 pic 2 by TK.jpg
MnD Winter 2013 pic 4 by TK.jpg
Your friends and families are invited, too, and we encourage you to bring your hiking books, maps, photos, maybe even some new gear/gadget you want to show-n-tell about!
MnD Winter 2013 pic 3 by TK.jpg

We also will have raffle prize drawings throughout the evening, and the beautiful one-of-a-kind Portlandhikers Calendars should be ready by then!
2011 MnD pic 2 by TK.jpg

We'll post more info and details later, but carve this on your calendars for a fun party not to be missed!! :lol:
MnD Winter 2013 pic 5 by TK.jpg

WHAT: Eighth Annual Winter Meet-n-Deet

WHERE: Stark Street Pizza banquet room, 9234 SE Stark Street, Portland, OR, 97216-1640,
(503)255-2364 http://www.starkstreetpizzaco.com/

WHEN: Saturday, December 13, 2014, 6:00PM to 9:00PM-ish

WHO: Portlandhikers, Trailkeepers of Oregon, friends and family.

WHY: To meet new friends, catch up with old ones, and share your outdoor adventures with cool and fun comrades!

MeetnDeet 2011 pic 2 by Justpeachy.jpg
There is no charge, but bring monies for your food and beverages, raffle prize tickets, PH or TKO donations, and calendars (Tom will keep us posted later on the ordering and purchasing of those).

*Profits go to maintaining the wonderful Portlandhikers and Trailkeepers of Oregon websites/organization needs that we cherish and support!
12-2012 MnD pic 8 by JustPeachy.jpg
We will again be graciously asking for your unwanted new or gently-used outdoor-ish items for our raffle, also any donation YOU can acquire from related businesses would be hugely appreciated!! Please bring to me that evening.(examples:smaller items such as books, dvds, camp mug, flashlights, unopened Mountain House food that wasn't "your" favorite, etc :), or larger items too! )

Much still in the planning, ideas welcomed! "Silent auction"? Trivia game? What would you like to see there?
We've had great turn outs at our previous events, hope to see many of you there to celebrate another year of Portlandhikers and Trailkeepers of Oregon! Please chime in on this thread, for interest, ideas or questions!
MnD 2013 pic 6 by TK.jpg
* another reminder, photos may likely be taken, if you prefer not to be in a photo, please duck or just ask the person with camera to not post your face "if possible", thanks for understanding!

Splintercat

Re: EIGHTH Annual Winter Meet-n-Deet Sat.,Dec. 13, 2014 !

Post by Splintercat » November 7th, 2014, 9:59 pm

Holy cow...! Eight years..!?! :shock: :lol:

Thanks for posting, Jane - it's always fun to meet the many cool people from this forum!

Tom :)

Peder

Post by Peder » November 10th, 2014, 12:03 am

Much still in the planning, ideas welcomed! "Silent auction"? Trivia game? What would you like to see there?
I am happy not to have too much "official" stuff. The raffle and some TKO announcements are OK, but I must admit that I prefer just to mill around the room and chat rather that being entertained by "official" stuff!

I am scheduled to travel back through 14 (!) time zone and be home on the 12th. If you are wondering, it is because the flights go the long way (across Europe) from 74E to 122W. So thank you for selecting a good date!

I look forward to seeing everybody!

PS: If there is a silent auction and I fall asleep, you will know why! It will not be because of boredom, I promise!
Some people are really fit at eighty; thankfully I still have many years to get into shape…

aircooled

Post by aircooled » November 11th, 2014, 6:03 pm

Thanks for posting, Jane! I went shopping for raffle prizes today and got a wide selection of hiking and camping related goodies. Did you know they make a portable toilet seat that fits on a 5-gallon bucket? OK, I didn't get that, but there will be some fun door prizes, maybe enough that everyone who attends will be a winner. :)

And if you have some gear to donate as a raffle prizes, be sure to bring it. If it's just sitting in your closet and not out on the trail, it's time to find a new home for it!

Jeff

Jane

Post by Jane » November 11th, 2014, 10:07 pm

Thanks for taking that task on this year Jeff :)

And echoing what he mentioned above and in the original post, we'll welcome and appreciate your donations for the raffle!

woodswalker

Post by woodswalker » November 17th, 2014, 3:21 pm

Hi, Great. I have a very long workday but I so want to make it. Trivia games etc sound fun to me although I will probably be pretty quiet after talking all day. I haven't met many folks yet on the list, so I'm looking forward to it and hoping I have enough zip left to be sociable. I actually was going to change my avatar to something more recognizable in prep for this, but alas technology got the better of me and now there is no avatar at all.
:D Woodswalker

drm

Post by drm » November 20th, 2014, 1:28 pm

If I84 is in decent shape to drive into town, I expect to be there.

Waffle Stomper

Post by Waffle Stomper » November 22nd, 2014, 8:30 am

I plan on being there. :) It will be great to connect with everyone.
"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

pdxflowergirl

Post by pdxflowergirl » December 4th, 2014, 8:18 pm

I will be there - looking forward to it! And, I will actually remember to bring my raffle item this year - a small day pack designed to carry camera equipment with a few essentials.
Kam

Jane

Post by Jane » December 8th, 2014, 8:28 am

Woo hoo!! Only a few days away folks! Who else is coming out, bring a friend, meet the coolest folks?! :ugeek: Looking forward to meeting and seeing you all! :D