Unknown Waterfall/ Fish Creek Area/ Clackamas River District

The purpose of this forum is to help people identify things they've seen while out hiking: wildflowers, trees, birds, insects, small animals, animal tracks, even geographical features like buttes or streams
forestkeeper

Unknown Waterfall/ Fish Creek Area/ Clackamas River District

Post by forestkeeper » January 25th, 2014, 6:44 am

Hey guys and gals. Came across this waterfall a few months ago and this last weekend while on Forest Service patrol. Lovely waterfall. Two tier. Flows into Fish Creek. Here's the bearings:
At 2,400 feet 45.1504 122.1655
At 1,800 feet 45.1492 122.1602
Source: USGS 7.5' Topo (Cal Topo)

This is across from the Fish Creek Emergency Landing Strip
Fish Creek Unknown Falls1-1.jpg
Fish Creek Unknown Falls2-1.jpg
Fish Creek Unknown Falls3-1.jpg
Fish Creek Unknown Falls 4-1.jpg
Fish Creek Unknown Falls5-1.jpg
Anyone know the name of this incredible waterfall and is there an access road/ trail to it?

Thanks!

Will

forestkeeper

Re: Unknown Waterfall/ Fish Creek Area/ Clackamas River Dist

Post by forestkeeper » January 26th, 2014, 12:05 pm

:) Well, it looks like a two fold answer has been reached: 1) no one knows and 2) know one cares. So, I think Sublinity Falls sounds good. ;)

BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards » January 26th, 2014, 3:43 pm

Just seen this thread. That falls is a nice sight after some heavy rains. I usually show people it when I'm giving them a car tour of the lower Clackamas Canyon. That falls is seasonal though. Sublimity Falls works. There's another falls across the way a little further up the road. I don't have any decent photos of that other one tho.
Clackamas River Waterfall Project - 95 Documented, 18 to go.

forestkeeper

Post by forestkeeper » January 27th, 2014, 2:52 am

:) I've been itching on how to get to that other side, so much that it is killing me. I thought I'd be able to access those two falls from Armstrong but am blocked by high cliffs. I'm probably either going to buy some hip waders and cross or just man up, but the water is mighty cold right now. I've spent a lot of night time pondering about exploring the west side of Fish Creek.