Mt Talbert Mondo Mystery Scat

The purpose of this forum is to help people identify things they've seen while out hiking: wildflowers, trees, birds, insects, small animals, animal tracks, even geographical features like buttes or streams
retired jerry

Re: Mt Talbert Mondo Mystery Scat

Post by retired jerry » October 25th, 2013, 3:03 pm

I've seen Coyotes in the city. Walking down the street in front of my house. Two of my cats suddenly dissappeared on successive days so I fear a Coyote got them. Now, all outdoor cats have been eaten or hit by cars so only indoor cats remain.

And bears.

In the wild, I've seen Cougar tracks on top of my tracks from previous day. But I've never seen one. I think they're fairly common but they're more secretive. Wouldn't surprise me if they were on Mt Talbert.

bobcat

Post by bobcat » October 25th, 2013, 3:58 pm

It doesn't surprise me that a cougar would come through Mt. Talbert, but that's berry scat, and cougars don't eat berries.

UTurn

Post by UTurn » October 25th, 2013, 6:52 pm

retired jerry wrote: I think they're fairly common but they're more secretive. Wouldn't surprise me if they were on Mt Talbert.
I guess this was some time back and the cougar had drug the deer into someone's backyard at the base of the Mt. This was before the trails were made. That makes more sense. Regardless, we have cougar in the area for sure.