Strange Clear Cut Patterns

The purpose of this forum is to help people identify things they've seen while out hiking: wildflowers, trees, birds, insects, small animals, animal tracks, even geographical features like buttes or streams
Eric Peterson

Re: Strange Clear Cut Patterns

Post by Eric Peterson » February 24th, 2013, 7:17 pm

When they replant, do the seeds have to be Monsanto?

Seriously though, I have some saplings from my yard that I need to plant somewhere but
want to put them out of active logging ops.

romann

Re: Strange Clear Cut Patterns

Post by romann » April 17th, 2013, 6:57 pm

Eric Peterson wrote:Seriously though, I have some saplings from my yard that I need to plant somewhere but want to put them out of active logging ops.
Hey Eric, I had some saplings too last year, planted them in a local park (Salmon Creek). There's large areas infested by invasive reed canary grass, it grows 6 feet high and prevents young trees from growing. I planted a few trees right there (figured in more suitable place trees will grow without my help) and put black ground cover around so they don't get overwhelmed by grass. So far so good, I planted a few more this spring.

Another option, there's Earth Day this coming Saturday; you may drop saplings off at locations where they'll be planting trees.