Waterfall ID (Mt Adams vicinity)

The purpose of this forum is to help people identify things they've seen while out hiking: wildflowers, trees, birds, insects, small animals, animal tracks, even geographical features like buttes or streams
scole

Waterfall ID (Mt Adams vicinity)

Post by scole » January 18th, 2015, 11:50 am

I tried my luck over on NWHikers and even Bryan couldn't help me out so I thought I'd try here. This waterfall is located within the Gifford-Pinchot National Forest near Mount Adams. This photo is from the front of a Gifford-Pinchot National Forest Map from the 90s. Last week I was reviewing one of my Ray Atkinson photo books and he had a photo of it with this same perspective. His liner notes about his photo is like this:
I am sure that many photographers travelling the US Forest Service Road between Trout Lake & Randall, Washington, have been charmed into exposing film as they paused beside this cascading stream, pictured here in 1986.

I first photographed the waterfall many years ago when the road was only a rough and muddy access to Takhlakh Lake & timber west of Mt Adams....
Here's the photo from the G-P map cover:

Thanks!
Steve

tednottodd

Re: Waterfall ID (Mt Adams vicinity)

Post by tednottodd » January 19th, 2015, 4:54 pm

I have a couple of ideas. let me look through some pictures that I have. There is a little pull off on the road to Takhlakh Lake that could possibly be these falls.

miah66

Post by miah66 » January 20th, 2015, 12:22 pm

I was thinking it might be right off the road to Killen Creek trail...
"The top...is not the top" - Mile...Mile & a Half

Instagram @pdxstrider

drm

Post by drm » January 21st, 2015, 1:24 pm

I've been away for a week and, frustratingly, this site would not send me a new password, so I was not able to log on from away.

I contacted some Mt Adams area experts I know and was told that this was Twin Falls Creek from FS Rd 23, on the western slope of Mt. Adams.

scole

Post by scole » January 21st, 2015, 8:36 pm

Thank you all for the tips! You folks rock.