Great Horned Owl & Chic... Funny pic :)

Camera Gear, How-To, Questions
mayhem

Great Horned Owl & Chic... Funny pic :)

Post by mayhem » March 16th, 2012, 5:33 pm

I was scrolling through the Jackson Bottom Wetland Pictures & started to laugh at the little peek a boo chic.
Shoe Shine Boy Has Left The Building!

Crusak

Re: Great Horned Owl & Chic... Funny pic :)

Post by Crusak » March 16th, 2012, 6:57 pm

Looks like it's picture caption time! :)
Jim's Hikes

Solvitur Ambulando

IDratherbehiking

Post by IDratherbehiking » March 16th, 2012, 7:11 pm

That's a neat picture!

Please do a trip report if you head over to Jackson Bottom, Mayhem. I went there a few weeks back only to discover that the entire trail system was under several feet of water! I'm hoping that it has dried out a bit so I can do a walkabout there soon.

Crusak

Post by Crusak » March 16th, 2012, 7:49 pm

IDratherbehiking wrote:That's a neat picture!

Please do a trip report if you head over to Jackson Bottom, Mayhem. I went there a few weeks back only to discover that the entire trail system was under several feet of water! I'm hoping that it has dried out a bit so I can do a walkabout there soon.
I drive by there every day of the work week. With the recent rains the wetlands is very 'wet' - I would imagine it's worse than when you were there. :(
Jim's Hikes

Solvitur Ambulando

mayhem

Post by mayhem » March 16th, 2012, 7:53 pm

Crusak wrote:

I drive by there every day of the work week. With the recent rains the wetlands is very 'wet' - I would imagine it's worse than when you were there. :(
Yes I'm sure it is even worse & going to get worse!! Even the noble woods flood water is even 6-8" higher than the last time! The bridges are now almost completely covered hand rails and all

mayhem

Post by mayhem » March 16th, 2012, 7:58 pm

You bet I will! I took my wife there a few years ago & it was flooded o:(. I plan to walk the whole thing to scope out the best iphone monoscope picture potential. I did see some shots off hood from there and some other really interesting pics. Hopefully I will get lucky & score a few!

Waffle Stomper

Post by Waffle Stomper » March 17th, 2012, 7:31 am

I have to visit there one day. It's close, don't know why I haven't.

Love the shot.
"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

Crusak

Post by Crusak » March 17th, 2012, 3:42 pm

Waffle Stomper wrote:I have to visit there one day. It's close, don't know why I haven't.
Portland Hikers Field Trip Time! Once the water subsides, that is. :) Now that would be an interesting 'organize and invite' - I'd show up.
Jim's Hikes

Solvitur Ambulando

mayhem

Post by mayhem » March 17th, 2012, 6:14 pm

Crusak wrote:
Waffle Stomper wrote:I have to visit there one day. It's close, don't know why I haven't.
Portland Hikers Field Trip Time! Once the water subsides, that is. :) Now that would be an interesting 'organize and invite' - I'd show up.
Yes & i'm sure Tom/Roy would be able to join on this one! & maybe one of us could get a lucky good pic to put into the little contest :)

Waffle Stomper

Post by Waffle Stomper » March 18th, 2012, 9:43 am

Crusak wrote:
I'd show up if I don't have to work.
"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir