Hiking Skirts

Ask questions and share your experiences with hiking & backpacking gear, and share trail recipes and gadget tips. Please see classifieds forum for buying/selling stuff.
Surridge

Re: Hiking Skirts

Post by Surridge » November 26th, 2014, 11:08 am

Purple Rain is offering free shipping on her skirts thru the end of the year: https://www.etsy.com/shop/purplerainskirts
I think its a $5 dollar discount, and I'm sure since she is in Portland if you wanted to pick one up she'd take the $5 off the purchase cost, making them even more affordable.
Also, fellas, shes got a prototype of a wrap skirt and will hopefully have them online before the deal ends. I wore it on a few overnights this Fall and it is rad. Kind of a play on the Kelty wrap skirt that was big on the AT in the 90's...once you go skirt, you never go back

turtle

Post by turtle » November 26th, 2014, 12:32 pm

"...once you go skirt, you never go back"
I just got a rain kilt. Does that count? :D
Summer breezes caressed me, my legs stepped forward as though possessed of their own appetite, and the mountains kept promising. Rebecca Solnit

Surridge

Post by Surridge » November 26th, 2014, 2:50 pm

turtle, I guess that counts. Get the MLD? those look nice and light! Purple rain made us some rain skirts/kilts out of ripstop, which are nice if a little heavier than the MLD versions...

turtle

Post by turtle » November 26th, 2014, 3:52 pm

I got the ZPacks cuben fiber kilt at just under 2 ozs. and it rolls up so small it is easy to lose. It passed the shower test but I haven't taken it out in the rain yet, something to look forward to. :)
Summer breezes caressed me, my legs stepped forward as though possessed of their own appetite, and the mountains kept promising. Rebecca Solnit