Hiking Skirts

Ask questions and share your experiences with hiking & backpacking gear, and share trail recipes and gadget tips. Please see classifieds forum for buying/selling stuff.
MarsIsCobra

Re: Hiking Skirts

Post by MarsIsCobra » April 6th, 2014, 8:42 am

Surridge wrote:I do remember a handful of men rocking Kilts on the AT. Definitely envious of them during the HOT days in the mid atlantic.
The beauty of the skirt is really the layering aspect. You can add leggings or tights to help with bug season and the cold, but also loose them when it gets hot... Thanks for looking...
on the cover of flip flop flippin' :) :)

http://www.squatchfilms.com/flip-flop-flippin-1--2.html

Helen

Post by Helen » April 17th, 2014, 7:10 pm

I am starting to consider a hiking skirt. I spent two days looking for a pair of women's convertible hiking pants that have a zipper up the ankle to allow for removal of the pant legs without taking off the boots. I found a pair at Columbia Sportswear, but the smallest size they make is a size 2 and I am a size 0.

I ended up buying a pair of boys 14/16 convertible pants, but they don't have the ankle zipper.

First world problem I know, but I am getting frustrated.

MarsIsCobra

Post by MarsIsCobra » April 17th, 2014, 7:17 pm

Helen wrote: First world problem I know
heh, so true but I'm with ya

Surridge

Post by Surridge » April 18th, 2014, 9:28 am

Helen, I have to recommend the skirt! Totally worth it. For pants you are looking for check out GoLite. I love their gear. Not a fan of convertible pants but they make some womens with the ankle zip. I love the men's Hunnan hiking pant. There is a few storefronts in the portland area so you can try on... Do check out the skirts though! Thanks

Helen

Post by Helen » April 20th, 2014, 5:56 am

Surridge wrote:Helen, I have to recommend the skirt! Totally worth it. For pants you are looking for check out GoLite. I love their gear. Not a fan of convertible pants but they make some womens with the ankle zip. I love the men's Hunnan hiking pant. There is a few storefronts in the portland area so you can try on... Do check out the skirts though! Thanks
Thank you for all the advice, I'll check it all out.

hikesinskirts

Post by hikesinskirts » June 8th, 2014, 4:05 pm

Where in Portland does she sell them?

Surridge

Post by Surridge » June 9th, 2014, 1:49 pm

She is not currently selling in stores but you can order through her etsy site, http://etsy.com/shop/purplerainskirts
or on www.backcountryninjas.com
If you are a Portland local, email her directly and I believe you can save the $5 shipping. [email protected]
Just find what style/size you want from her etsy and then email her those. Thanks for looking.

wolfmoney

Post by wolfmoney » June 19th, 2014, 10:38 am

Hey, I like those skirts!
The last 2 hiking trips I've taken I've layered a skirt over leggings, ankle socks and hiking boots.
Comfy, so far so good!
Being somewhat new to "I'm officially hiking!", I've explored a myriad of outdoor gear/attire websites to check out what my options are for being comfortable in a variety of temps and weather. Spendy stuff out there, I think she priced them perfectly!

Surridge

Post by Surridge » June 23rd, 2014, 1:02 pm

wolfmoney, thanks for the feedbacl. And welcome to the hiking community of portland

Surridge

Post by Surridge » July 14th, 2014, 10:16 am

Just curious if any ladies are currently wearing one of Purple Rain's skirts this season? She is looking for feedback.
Liz Thomas just finished hiking the Chinook trail through the Gorge wearing one. See her blog posts here: https://www.facebook.com/SnorkelHikes