Congressman Blumenauer is hosting a public Wilderness Forum

Use this forum to see or share information about upcoming events, hikes, speakers or trail-tending opportunities from Portland-area clubs and organizations. Posts to this forum will automatically delete after 90 days.
ErikFernandez

Congressman Blumenauer is hosting a public Wilderness Forum

Post by ErikFernandez » October 2nd, 2014, 2:43 pm

Congressman Earl Blumenauer is hosting a Forum on Wilderness in Oregon on October 7th. If you care about protecting Oregon's natural Wilderness treasures, I'd encourage you to attend. There will be an opportunity for public comment as well. Here is the invite from Blumenauer:

“The nation behaves well if it treats the natural resources as assets which it must turn over to the next generation increased and not impaired in value.” --President Theodore Roosevelt

You are invited to join me for a public forum: “The 50th Anniversary of the Wilderness Act: What’s at Stake for Oregon” on Tuesday, October 7, 5:00-6:30 pm at Portland State University, Smith Center, Rooms 327-329 (1825 SW Broadway, Portland, Oreg0n 97201). Doors will open at 4:30 pm.

Please come to learn more about opportunities to protect some of Oregon’s most spectacular and treasured areas, including Crater Lake, Owyhee Canyon, Mt. Hood, and the Kalmiopsis. Experts from Oregon conservation organizations will speak about current wilderness proposals and legislation that is pending in Congress.

For more information and to RSVP, please click here. I look forward to seeing you there.

Sincerely,
Earl Blumenauer
Member of Congress

mcds

Re: Congressman Blumenauer is hosting a public Wilderness Fo

Post by mcds » October 14th, 2014, 11:45 am

Thanks for the notice, Erik. A handful of activists from different corners of Oregon gave short promos of their wilderness-expansion projects. Questions were on topic, though a few were speeches. Only one in the audience used the mic as a platform for their own unrelated agenda. Any other PHers go?
Last edited by mcds on October 14th, 2014, 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

raven

Post by raven » October 14th, 2014, 11:50 am

I had a conflict, sadly.

mcds

Post by mcds » October 14th, 2014, 12:03 pm

This is the only coverage I've seen:

http://psuvanguard.com/news/congressman ... lic-forum/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4vApY0lRh8