Oregon Wild Wednesday: William Sullivan at Base Camp Brewing

Use this forum to see or share information about upcoming events, hikes, speakers or trail-tending opportunities from Portland-area clubs and organizations. Posts to this forum will automatically delete after 90 days.
Oregon Wild

Oregon Wild Wednesday: William Sullivan at Base Camp Brewing

Post by Oregon Wild » April 22nd, 2014, 12:05 pm

If you’re a serious hiker in Oregon, you’ve probably heard his name. You may have read one of his novels. His famous hand drawn maps might have guided you back to the trailhead from a distant wilderness vista. His name is William Sullivan and no man is more synonymous with Oregon hiking trails than the fifth generation Oregonian and Eugene native.

Join Oregon Wild and William Sullivan for a special Oregon Wild Wednesday event on April 23rd from 6–8 p.m. at Base Camp Brewing in Portland. Bill will be sharing "New and Endangered Hikes in Oregon," a presentation Wild Wednesday not to be missed!

Sullivan is best known for his 100 Hikes series that details the best hikes in five distinct regions of the state. He has gathered his hiking trail knowledge over a three decade career, including a 1985 trip where he set out to investigate Oregon’s wilderness on a 1,361-mile solo backpacking trek.

What: Oregon Wild Wednesday – a Oregon Favorites Coverfree, quarterly event open to all-ages. RSVP is not required, but we encourage you to arrive early.
When: Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 6-8 p.m.
Who: William Sullivan, renowned hiking guidebook author
Where: Base Camp Brewing (930 SE Oak St, Portland)

WIN!: Every person who attends this free event will be entered into our raffle for great prizes like Columbia Sportswear gear! Drawing to take place at the event; you must be present to win.

kepPNW

Re: Oregon Wild Wednesday: William Sullivan at Base Camp Bre

Post by kepPNW » April 23rd, 2014, 3:16 pm

Anyone here going? (I'm thinking about it...)
Karl
Back on the trail, again...

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » April 23rd, 2014, 7:20 pm

Fun! Not only did I (have the extreme pleasure to) meet Miah66 and Pdxtrojan, but I met them because I won the raffle for a free book of Bill's! Definitely a good diversion for the evening. :D
Karl

payslee

Post by payslee » April 24th, 2014, 8:53 am

So have you decided what new hikes out of the book you're going to try yet?

I also had a PH-in-town evening, running into (and getting to introduce!) Bosterton and Rick6003 at the Banff Mountain Film Festival.

-payslee

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » April 24th, 2014, 10:05 am

payslee wrote:So have you decided what new hikes out of the book you're going to try yet?
No, not yet, but he did convince me to do one I'd already been thinking about, as he talked about his adventures there during the talk. :)
payslee wrote:I also had a PH-in-town evening, running into (and getting to introduce!) Bosterton and Rick6003 at the Banff Mountain Film Festival.
Oh cool, that sounds like a fun night, as well!
Karl

pdxtrojan

Post by pdxtrojan » April 24th, 2014, 10:48 pm

Great to meet you both, miah66 and Karl! And congrats on the raffle win! :)