Weekday hikes

Post your plans for upcoming hikes and invite others! Look for hiking partners
jointhedance

Weekday hikes

Post by jointhedance » July 19th, 2014, 4:41 pm

I am self-employed, and have more flex time on weekdays than weekends. Do you hike weekdays? We could compare notes and our lists of hikes.

marianix

Re: Weekday hikes

Post by marianix » July 28th, 2014, 1:39 pm

Hi! I ll be un Portland from tomorrow útil saturday and WILL love todo go for an intense hike, i ve heard that there are some great ones around!

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » July 28th, 2014, 2:25 pm

what are you interested in?

zephyrpocalypse

Post by zephyrpocalypse » August 28th, 2014, 2:09 pm

I am in a similar situation. For day hikes, its easier for me during the week. However, I am down in Coos County, but will happily travel for a good hike or show you around here (though I am relatively new). So far, my list of local hikes includes Spencer Butte (Eugene), New River and Seven Devils (Bandon), Golden and Silver Falls (North Bend), and Cape Arago (Charleston). What did you have in mind?
-Zeph

jointhedance

Post by jointhedance » October 5th, 2014, 2:44 pm

retired jerry wrote:what are you interested in?
Hmm, I guess blitz hikes and scrambles. in Washington. up to 4 hours drive, to get to wonderful Washington State locations, and going 3-miles-an-hour . Got in a big blitz hike couple weeks ago, joined up with a couple from Seattle to do the Tatoosh Traverse. We couldn't do the last two peaks, and it was still a very big day.

lois

Post by lois » October 21st, 2014, 12:46 pm

I am open weekdays also. My hope is to get to Eightmile Lake near Leaventhworth on the next least rainy day.
I do hike a little slower than most though. I average 1.25miles/hr on scramble over rocks & roots terrain....up to about 1.50-1.75 on easy.
I'd have to stay the night in Leavenworth because it's about a 4 hr trip from White Salmon.
I always end up going by myself leaving behind admonishments...."You shouldn't go alone, you know..." I know I shouldn't but all my friends work during the week. I am retired!!