Morlanmike

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
Morlanmike52

Morlanmike

Post by Morlanmike52 » September 23rd, 2014, 9:07 am

Hi,

Love all the information you provide. Just started hiking this year after 40 years off from it. Twenty three hikes so far with my last one being June Lake to Loowit to Ape Canyon on Mt ST Helen. Thirteen miles and about 2835 feet in total elevation gain. Most of my hiking has been on the Washington side and looking forward to exploring the Mt Hood region next. Always open to suggestions for great hikes and awesome vistas. Originally from NE but been here for nearly eight years now and not going back. Best hike is always my next one. Looking for a nice one day hike for this weekend, any suggestions?

Have a great day.

Mike

MSHI Volcano Naturalist and trail steward

Waffle Stomper

Re: Morlanmike

Post by Waffle Stomper » September 23rd, 2014, 1:21 pm

Welcome to the forum.
"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

Lumpy

Post by Lumpy » September 23rd, 2014, 6:42 pm

Hello!
"Why are you always chasing women?"
"I'll tell you as soon as I catch one!"

Splintercat

Post by Splintercat » September 28th, 2014, 8:29 am

Welcome!
Looking for a nice one day hike for this weekend, any suggestions?
If you haven't gone somewhere already, I'd shoot for something with views of the big volcanoes - fresh snow above 8,000 feet this week, so they're looking quite nice!

Tom :)